- Supervises the Accounts Payable and Account Receiving (AP & AR) teams to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Provides training and coaching to staff including annual performance reviews
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Assists in the development, documentation and implementation of systems and procedures
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller and Assistant Controller regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Manage and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Works with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and audit
- Manager, reconcile, and submit Sales/Use Tax and GST.
- Supports Controller with special projects and workflow process improvement
- Understands the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s)
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for supervising the operation of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receiving departments. Directly handles more complex and confidential accounting projects. This position is also responsible for understanding related Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMP to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
Apply for this position
- Advanced level of computer skills is required with accounting software, Paycor, and Microsoft Excel experience.
- 6 - 8 years of accounting experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to stand for extended periods.
- Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems and system interfaces preferred